|
101) I took what Tom said literally, but afterwards it became clear that he really meant something else.
我原先只按字面来理解汤姆说的话,但后来才明白他实际上指的是别的事情。
102) I want all the juicy details.
我要知道其中有味道的详情。
103) I want the director himself, not his secretary.
我要找主任本人,不是他的秘书。
104) I was deeply hurt.
我被伤得不轻。
105) I was given a life when I heard that I passed my exams.
当我听到我通过了考试的时候,感到精神振奋。
106) I was relieved of my position.
我被撤职了。
107) I wouldn't look at such a small offer.
那么少的报酬我看不上眼。
108) I'll leave it until tomorrow.
我现在处理不了这件事,留着明天再办吧。
109) I'm an old hand at this game; you can't trick me.
干这种行当我是个老手,你哄骗不了我。
110) I'm dead tired by the quitting time.
下班时,我都快累死了。
111) I'm glad to see the two girls hitting it off so well.
我高兴地看到这两个女孩相处得十分融洽。
112) I'm in limbo, waiting to know if I've got the job or not.
我心神不定,一直在等着我是否得到了这个职位的消息。
113) I'm new on the job but I'm already gaining experience.
干这工作我是新手,但我已经有了些经验。
114) I'm such a heavy sleeper that the explosion didn't wake me.
我总是睡觉睡得很死,连爆炸声都没有把我吵醒。
115) I've got to finish the work so I don't have him hounding me all the time.
我得把工作做完,这样才不会让他老是逼着我。
116) I've known him drink twelve glasses of beer in an evening.
我见过他一晚上就喝12杯啤酒。
117) I've never liked her.
我从来都不喜欢她。
118) If you are rude to the boss, it may jeopardize your chances of success.
如果你对老板没有礼貌,就可能危及到你成功的机会。
119) If you listen hard, you can hear what the neighbors are saying.
如果你用心听,你会听到邻居们在说些什么。
120) If you snack too much, you may get fat.
零食吃的太多,你会长胖的。
121) If you won't cook your own dinner, then you'll have to go hungry.
如果你不打算做饭,那你只好挨饿了。
122) Is there a link between smoking and lung diseases?
吸烟和肺部的疾病有没有关系?
123) Is there any parties going on tonight?
今晚有聚会吗?
124) It grieves me to see him in such bad health.
他的健康状况如此糟,真使我伤心。
125) It was a godsend to have him there just when we needed someone.
我们正需要人手他就来了,真是好运气。
126) It was bitterly cold.
天冷得刺骨。
127) It was more than I could bear.
我忍不住了。
128) It was very hairy driving down that narrow road in the darkness.
黑暗中在那条窄路上开车,真有些让人担惊受怕.
129) It's hard to know what Tom's really thinking.
很难弄清楚汤姆在想些什么。
130) It's raining cats and dogs.
雨下得很大。
131) It's too steep.
太贵了。
132) It's very light; a child could lift it.
这东西很轻,小孩子也能把它提起来。
133) Jack did it for a joke; he didn't mean any harm.
杰克只是闹着玩才那样做的,他并没有想伤害别人。
134) Jack has a knack of making friends wherever he goes.
杰克有一种走到哪里都能交到朋友的本事。
135) Jack has rather jaundiced opinions about all these modern ideas.
杰克对所有这些现代观念都抱有相当偏颇的看法。
136) Jack is very generous.
杰克非常慷慨。
137) Jean failed her examination, and she's taking it very hard.
简考试不及格,因此非常难过。
138) Jean got life imprisonment for killing the policeman.
简因杀害那个警察被判处无期徒刑。
139) Jean has a level head/is level-headed about money.
对于金钱简头脑是清醒的。
140) Jean's still feeling a little low after her operation.
简在手术之后,仍然觉得有些虚弱无力。
141) Join this pipe to the other one.
把这根管子和那根接起来。
142) Keep an account of what you spend.
把你花的钱记个账。
143) Law and order is necessary for a peaceful society.
法律和秩序是一个安宁的社会所必需的。
144) Lemonade is my favorite.
柠檬水是我的最爱。
145) Let's be on the safe side and take more money than we think we'll need.
我们还是要保险些,多带点钱以备不时之需。
146) Let's hit the mall.
我们去逛街吧。
147) Let's try a different line of approach to the problem.
咱们试试用另一种方法来解决这个问题。
148) Life seems to be getting harder for everyone.
生活对每个人来说都好像是越来越艰难了。
149) Lisa has a good job in a bank.
莉萨在一家银行里有一个好职位。
150) Lisa is the most likely/the likeliest of the people to ask for the job.
莉萨是申请这个工作的人当中最有希望的。
151) Lisa was lolling in a chair with her arms hanging over the sides.
莉萨懒洋洋地靠在椅子上,两只胳膊垂在两边。
152) Love makes the world go around.
爱使世界运转。
153) Luckily, Jean was in when I called.
很幸运,我打电话去的时候简在家。
154) Mary always jests about her feelings towards him.
玛丽总是拿她对他的感情来开玩笑.
155) Mary bravely laughed off her pain.
玛丽勇敢地以笑来应对痛苦。
156) Mary jabbed his stick into the ground.
玛丽把手杖戳进了地里。
157) Mary kept his secret for 15 years.
玛丽为他保守了15年的秘密。
158) Mary left her job largely because she was bored.
玛丽离开了她的工作,主要是因为感到厌倦了。
159) Mary told us most of the story but kept back the part about her parents.
玛丽把这件事的大部分都向我们讲了,但有关她父母的那一部分没有说。
160) Mary was leading up to a request for money with her kind words.
玛丽说了一些客气话是为开口要钱做准备。
161) Mary would never knowingly hurt anyone.
玛丽绝对不会故意地伤害任何人。
162) Moisten the towel with cold water and apply it to the wound.
把毛巾用冷水浸湿,缚在伤口处。
163) Money talks.
没钱可不行(金钱万能)。
164) Most young people are hooked on the rock and roll.
大多数青年对摇滚乐有偏好。
165) My boss expects me to work day and night.
我的老板恨不得我一天到晚的工作。
166) My father wasn't there when I came in late, but he gave me hell in the morning.
我回家太晚,当时爸爸没有在,但第二天早晨他狠狠地骂了我。
167) My feelings were hurt when Bill didn't ask me to the party.
比尔没有请我参加聚会,使我很伤心。
168) My girl friend is a cheer leader.
我女朋友是拉拉队长。
169) Never say die.
永远不要放弃。
170) No money, no honey.
没有钱,连女朋友都没有。
171) Nothing is more important than health.
健康最重要。
172) Once Bill threw down the gauntlet, I had to fight.
一旦比尔提出挑战,我就得迎战。
173) Optimism makes miracles!
乐观可以创造奇迹!
174) Our boss doesn't give us any slack.
老板从来不让我们有一丝的松懈。
175) People often have to fight for their liberty.
人们常常需要为获得自由而斗争。
176) Please help me; I can't do it alone.
请帮帮我,我一个人做不了这件事。
177) Please state your name, age, and occupation on the form.
请在表格里填上姓名、年龄和职业。
178) Sandy crosses the desert by jeep.
桑迪乘吉普车穿越沙漠。
179) Save your breath; you'll never change her mind.
别费口舌了,你永远改变不了她的主意的。
180) She likes to go from man to man.
她的男友换了一个又一个。
181) Short skirts went out a few years ago, but they've come back again.
几年前短裙不流行了,但是现在又流行起来。
182) Since Ann went to college, Ann's grown away from the family.
自从上了大学,安和家里人就逐渐疏远了。
183) Smoking relaxes me.
吸烟让我放松。
184) Snow lay thick on the ground.
雪厚厚地盖着大地。
185) Sorry for being tardy again.
对不起,我又迟到了。
186) Sue's in prison.
苏被关进监狱。
187) Take heed of/pay heed to what I say, if you want to succeed.
如果你要想成功,就得注意我所说的话。
188) Tennis and swimming is her killer of time.
网球和游泳是她闲暇时的活动。
189) That isn't in line with my ideas at all.
那根本不符合我的想法。
190) That little girl is very forward.
那个小女孩很冒失。
191) That shelf is too high for me; I can't reach it.
那个架子对我来说太高了,我够不到它。
192) That wall leans so much that it might fall over.
那堵墙倾斜得很厉害,可能会倒。
193) That was a good hit, it almost saved the game.
那是很好的一击,几乎挽救了这场比赛。
194) That will lank him in prison.
那事会弄得他蹲监狱。
195) The baby can't even walk, let alone run.
这个婴儿连走路都不会,更不用说跑了。
196) The bill should be paid by Friday, but they're giving us a week's grace.
这账应该星期五以前付,但他们给我们一个星期的宽限。
197) The child danced with glee when he heard the good news.
这个孩子听见这个好消息后 ,高兴得跳起舞来。
198) The child's pretty lovely.
这孩子好可爱啊。
199) The company is in difficulties at the moment, but we expect it to do well in the long run.
这家公司目前处于困境,但是我们期望它终究会经营很好。
200) The crowds jammed the streets, and no cars could pass.
街道上挤满了人群,什么车辆也无法通过。
|