会 计 法 律 建 筑 医 学 自 考 成 考 考 研 外 语 帮 助
 


 
标题: 美式惯用语(摘)

Rank: 20Rank: 20 站点管理员
网站:外语教育网


UID 12308
精华 2
积分 9678
帖子 521
经验 4834
金钱 134
鲜花 2
阅读权限 100
注册 2005-10-31
状态 在线
 
发表于 2006-6-5 10:45  资料  短消息  加为好友 
I got a big kick out of it.
这件事真令我开心。
原句: It makes me laugh.
What the kick back for me?
我有回扣拿吗?
原句: What's my cut under the table?
He kicked the bucket.
他已经归天。
原句: He died.
Are you kidding?
你是不是开玩笑?
原句: Are you joking?
Oh! you are killing me!
笑死人了。
原句:It's really funny.
Knock it off.
不要这个样子。
原句:Don't be like that.
Stop pulling my leg.
不要开我玩笑了。
原句:Don't make fun of me.
You are out of line.
你太过份了。
原句: You are over doing it.
Please bring me up to date.
把最近的情形告诉我。
原句: Please give me the latest information.
I will make it up to you.
我一定会补偿你的。
原句: I'll compensate you.
You made it again. (You did it again.)
你又得手了。
原句: You succeed again.
You hit the nail on the head.
你真是一言中的。
原句: You are absolutely right.
No dice.
不行。
原句:No way.
He is a nut.
他有点精神病。
原句: He is insane.
Nuts!
胡说!
原句:Nonsense!
It's on the house.
这是免费的。
原句: It's free.
He is an operator. (here it means a thief,a swindler,ect.)
他是一个老滑头。
原句:He is a swindler.
Don't panic.
不要慌啊!
原句:Don't be nervous.
He passed out.
他已经昏倒了!
原句: He fainted.
To me it is just peanuts.
对我来讲,这太不值得了。
原句: It's nothing to me.
He is a phoney.
他是一个骗子。
原句: He is fake.
Pick me up at seven tonight.
今天晚上七点钟你来接我。
原句:Come and get me at seven tonight.
He was put on the spot.
他已经给人打死了。
原句:He was killed.
He puts up a good show.
他的表现很好。
原句:He behaves himself well.
I can't put up with you any longer.
我不能再忍耐了。
原句: I can't stand you any longer.
Let's call it quits.
我们算了吧!
原句: Let's forget the whole thing.
He was taken for a ride.
他受骗了。
原句:He was fooled.
Let it ride.
让他去吧!
原句: Keep it as it is.
I'm running this shop.
我管理这个铺子。
原句:I'm the owner of the shop.
Time is running out.
时间不多了。
原句: There is not much time.
He got the sack.
他被开除了。
原句:He was fired.
Says who?
谁说的?我不同意。
原句:I don't agree.
Let's have a show down with John.
我们跟约翰摊牌。
原句:Let's tell Tom the truth.
What's up your sleeves?
你变的是什么戏法?
原句: What do you have in mind?
I am only a small potato.
我只是一个小角色。
原句: I'm nobody.
John Lee is a some-body, although be was a nobody two years ago.
李约翰现在已是名人,虽然两年前是默默无闻的.
原句: John Lee is a very important man, although he was a
nobody two years ago.
He is now in the soup.
他现在糟糕了。
原句: He is now in great trouble.
Keep stalling him.
继续拖延他吧。
原句: Keep brushing him off.
Jack was all steamed up.
杰克非常冲动。
原句: Jack was furious.
I'm having a swell time.
我玩得很开心 。
原句:I'm having a wonderful time.
I was taken in.
我受骗了。
原句: I was cheated.
Tell it to the marines.
我不会相信的。
原句:I don't believe.
That's it.
不错,就是这样。
原句:That's the whole story.
There you go again.
啊呀!你又来了!
原句:No, not again.
What's up?
有什么好新闻?
原句: What's going on?
What are you up to?
你又搞什么鬼?
原句: What do you intend to do now?
I'm on the wagon.
我戒酒了。
原句: I quit drinking.
Walls have ears.
隔墙有耳。
原句: Keep your voice down.
Still water runs deep.
大智若愚。
原句:A wise man playing a fool.
What do you say?
你的意思怎么样?
原句: What do you think?
So what?
那又怎么样?
原句: What can you do about it?
What's up?
有什么事情吗?
原句: Anything happen?

顶部

Rank: 20Rank: 20 站点管理员
网站:外语教育网


UID 12308
精华 2
积分 9678
帖子 521
经验 4834
金钱 134
鲜花 2
阅读权限 100
注册 2005-10-31
状态 在线
 
发表于 2006-6-5 10:46  资料  短消息  加为好友 
☆ a black sheep 败家子
绵羊一般为白色,一旦成了黑色的绵羊,一定是个“败类”。
Eric is a black sheep ,splashing one million dollars in a few years .
艾瑞克是个败家子,几年就挥霍了一百万美金。
☆ A rough diamond 内秀外粗的人
Rough diamond 指“没加工的钻石”,用来指内秀外粗的人,真是妙语!
{脱口说}
The guy is really a rough diamond , and he can get everything right ,although he is a little bit careless .
这家伙真的是个外粗内秀的人,他什么都能搞定,虽然他有点大大咧咧的。
☆ Be level-headed (calm and relaxed) 头脑冷静的人
可别以为 level-headed 是“小平头”,“平头”的英语说法是“crew cut”,他留了个平头——He wears his hair in a crew cut .
{脱口说}
My boss ,John Smith ,is the most level –headed man I’ve ever known .
我的老板约翰.史密斯是我见过的头脑最冷静的人。

  ☆ A greaseball (greasy guy ) 油腔滑调的人,“老油条”
Grease 油脂的意思,greaseball 的意思是涂满油脂的球,专指那些油腔滑调的人,这类人近似于我们常说的“嘴太贫”的人。
{脱口说}
Mary’s boyfriend is such a greaseball , I don’t know why she is so crazy about him .
玛丽的男友是个油腔滑调的家伙,我不明白为什么她如此地迷恋他。
☆ Weigh on one’s mind 心事重重
{脱口说}
Do you know what has happened to her recently? She seems to have something that weighs heavily on her mind these days
你知道她最近发生了什么事吗?她看起来心事很重。
☆ Be green-eyed (be jealousy) 嫉妒的“红眼病”
源自莎士比亚名剧《奥赛罗》第3幕第3场中的台词“O! be ware , my lord ,of jealousy;/It’s the green-eyed monster… …“
中国人嫉妒时,是“红眼病”,英美国家的人则“绿了眼”,有意思。在美国,有时直接用green表示嫉妒。
When I got the well-paid job in a foreign company , my friends were somewhat green with envy .
当我在一家外企找了份收入丰厚的工作时,我的朋友都有点嫉妒我。
☆ Your doggy looks quite lovely , doesn’t he ?
(你的狗宝宝看上去真可爱!)
☆ Excuse me ,but your blue coat is pretty beautiful ,Where did you buy it ?
(打扰你了。你的蓝上衣真是漂亮,哪儿买的?)
在同外国人士交往过程中,你要注意别人的外表是否有了大的变化或添了新的装饰,如新发型、新衣服、首饰等。然后加以适当的赞美,但无须过分,否则就有虚情假意之嫌.即便是对方外观没有大的改观,但比平时略显精神,你也可以说,
☆ “Ben, you look very good today.”或Ben ,you’re looking energetic these days .”
(本,你近来显得活力十足。)
在美国,对别人新添置的物品都要习惯地加以赞美,如
☆ “Hey, I’m crazy about your new bicycle.”
(嘿,我真喜欢你的新自行车。)
☆ “Your new dress has brilliant color!”
(你的新衣服颜色真鲜艳!)
如果被邀请去参观朋友的住宅、办公室或公司,对其加以赞美就是比不可少的了。
☆ “I can’t imagine you have such a splendid house !”
(真不敢相信你竟有这么豪华的房子。)
☆ “How nice your office looks “
(你的办公室看上去不错。)
要知道,没人不爱听这些。
不过在吃饭时,外国人对你菜肴的赞美往往只是礼貌,即使他们吃不惯,他们也会说“The dish is delicious ”可不要拿出中国人的豪爽,没完没了给他夹菜,浪费了不说,还常常弄得对方难堪。

顶部
 


当前时区 GMT+8, 现在时间是 2008-12-2 09:20

 Powered by Discuz!
清除 Cookies - 联系我们 - 正保教育论坛 - Archiver